Tuesday, February 28, 2012

MOJO Monday...on Tuesday

I decided to go for the Mojo Monday sketch challenge...It was definitely a challenge given the fact that I have my 9yr old son home for the week 'cause he's sick. As soon as I saw the sketch I knew exactly which image I was going to use and the paper...the only challenge was finding the time to put it all together.

The image is one of the many digi snowmen in my collection from Sassy Cheryl. I found the sheet of striped DP from Imaginisce when I was cleaning up my work space (It's pretty old, at least a couple of years...maybe more) and layered it on Cherry cobbler after punching the scalloped edge. The background layer is MME Wild Asparagus...I bought it on clearance at my LSS..the pattern on the other side is not at all my style but I decided that this side would work well for backgrounds. The image is coloured with copics and sponged with Cherry cobbler around the edges...then layered on SU's Blue Bayou (loooong retired). The snowflakes are punched out of some random scraps and I added blue brads (recollections) to the centre. The sentiment comes from the MFT set " a scarf for three" and is stamped in Cherry cobbler ink.

Thanks for stopping by...Hopefully I'll have a little more time to stamp this week! Jordan is on a new antibiotic...hopefully this one will clear things up a little faster.

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card! Luckily, it looks here a bit more like spring now! Have a great day.
    Greetings from a German living in Scotland
    Nessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Michelle. The colours go so well together and this image is so much fun.
    Hope Jordan is feeling better soon. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at you playing along with the challenges!! Really sweet my friend

    ReplyDelete