Thursday, February 16, 2012

Change of Plans...

I've decided that my aunt is going to get a different card for her Birthday...it was pretty easy to justify the change (in my mind anyway...) and the Posh has a present card looks sooooo pretty sitting on my bookshelf. Well, it looks okay...but once I clean up my workspace she'll stand out much more and then look sooooo pretty!! LOL.

I also took the card to the post office to mail and found out that due to the size it would be about $5 to mail it...so she is getting one that will only cost me $1.80. This one is better anyway, my Mom is there with her for her birthday so I made the card to look like the two of them (minus a few years since they are both 69 this year...).

I used another uptown girl from Stamping Bella...this one is called Felicity and Blair Living Life. My Mom and Aunt are returning from a 33 day cruise so they are definitely "living Life"!!

The card size is 4 1/2" x 6" but it is within the measurements needed for regular mail so I'm good to go. I coloured the image with copics and used my stardust pens to add glitter to the shoes and the cupcakes. I was going to paper piece the skirt but once I had it cut out it didn't look right with cardigan with all the little ruffles along the bottom. I added a small clear rhinestone for the button on the cardigan and some pink ones from Kaisercraft at the top and bottom of the card. I stuck with the colours in DP (S.E.I) using regal rose and pumpkin pie from SU for my layers since they matched best. The sentiment is SU as well from the petite pairs set punched out with my oval punches.

It isn't as cute as my Posh card but I think she'll like it...and she'll never know about the switch!!

TFL

2 comments:

  1. She'll never know about the switch if she doesn't read your blog! LOL!!! But I think she'll be ok with this one, cause it's darn cute too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah sending cards can be expensive here!! Your aunt will love this one and it's perfect since they just came back from their cruise!!

    ReplyDelete