Friday, January 28, 2011

Here today....

but as usual, probably not tomorrow... I have to say I am enjoying finally getting some cards made, even if it is only one or two a week(...ok, maybe every 2 weeks). A friend of mine needed a card for a birthday party her daughter was invited to...so I made this one.

I'll blame my mental state (dealing with my kids who are terrors these days) on the choice of stamp which quite appropriately has monsters!! This one is from Stamping Bella and is one of my fav's for kids birthday cards...I actually have a lot of favourites but monsters work for me these days!!

I cut out the image and layered it using one of my labels nestabilities, the celery background was embossed with the CB circles folder. I coloured in the image to sort of match my patterned paper (an MME (I think) scrap from loooooooong ago). I'm not thrilled with the colouring under the feet, it looks kinda blotchy...but I don't think a 5 year old will really care anyway!!

I added some gemstones along the side of the image ( what girl doesn't love bling) and popped up the balloon using the same patterned paper as the background. Crystal effects was added to the balloon to make it shiny and give it a little more dimension. This card was actually pretty quick and easy...I think I'll give it a try for some boy cards!!

Thanks for taking a look!!

No comments:

Post a Comment