Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can You Believe...

It's already August??? I can't...the summer is already half over and I'm not even close to getting the things done on my list...paint the barn, make a rock garden by my front steps, build a rock wall along the the length of the driveway, de-junk the kids toy room...the list goes on but I'm sure you get the picture!!

We had a great day today...didn't do anything special but everyone was outside puttering around and it was nice. We (actually it was me) caught two baby toads and then a whole bunch of crickets so they could eat...they didn't eat though so we decided to let them go...Jordan really didn't want to...he kept holding them and hugging them (well as much as you can hug a toad...LOL) but I finally convinced him they would be happier.

I managed to get my challenge card done today too...Janet's challenge for this week is colour combo one...Bermuda Bay, Ruby Red and Pumpkin Pie...I have to say I wasn't sure how this one would come together...but it did...and I'm quite pleased with the result..I also have a birthday card now for the party Jordan has next week..YAY!!!

I used Monstah Bash from Stamping Bella and of course the three colours to watercolour in the image. I had the perfect paper on hand (see there is a reason I keep collecting...) from Crate paper....it has little monsters all over it!!! There are no embellishments on this one (believe it or not) just a little bit of crystal effects on the balloon. I'm posting this early (well late Saturday actually) so that it is finally up on time for a change!!

Thanks for taking a peek!!

2 comments:

  1. Miche this is super cute - the colours work great together maybe I can play along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those monsters - they're adorable

    ReplyDelete