Monday, July 27, 2009

Corrosive Challenge #22

Janet's challenge this week was definitely that...A challenge!! If you go to her challenge blog and check out the picture you'll see what I mean!! So I sat down to make my card...keeping the picture in my screen for inspiration. This was soooo tough...I was never a barbie girl (you would usually find me up a tree or playing road hockey with kids on the street) but the one thing that kept jumping out at me was the "sparkly" dresses...so... you guessed it, I went for glitter.

I had a totally different card in my head than what I ended up making...not sure how it happened but all the patterned papers I pulled out that went with my lime green and purple colour scheme...they didn't get touched!! When I was finished the card I actually looked at it and thought...wow, sooooo not what I expected!! It isn't my usual type of card...which is why these challenges are so great...they inspire you to do things you might not usually do!!

So here it is...I used winobella from stamping bella and covered her dress in lavender glitter. I used a CB folder which is all circles and embossed the background black paper and then added some lime green glitter to fill in the centre of some of the circles. I won't bore you with the all the details...this post should have been up yesterday but we weren't around all weekend...

Hop over to Janets blog and check out the other submissions and maybe play along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment