Friday, April 24, 2009

A Good Start...

to my day!!

It's a PA day today so I have the kids home with me. Go figure, they were up before 7:00am when they could have slept in!! Not a bad thing though, since I was up I figured I may as well get things started. It is almost 9:30 and I have already done one load of laundry (the second is on it's way) I've cleaned two hamster cages, made breakfast for the munchkins and cleaned the turtle tank (yes, we have a turtle!). And I'm getting this post done early!!

I made this card last night for Janet's challenge #8...It was actually a challenge because we weren't allowed to do any colouring or anything...and words had to be the focal point. I've never made a card like this...I always have colouring or something and words are never the focal point.
I have been dying to use my quickkutz label die so I picked a sentiment that would fit the shape and went from there...I wasn't planning on pink and brown again for a card but when I went through my papers (I'm trying to use up some of my leftover scraps) that is what I ended up using.

My only embellishments are the flowers I punched out in chocolate chip and the pink Hero arts gemstones I added to centre of each.

Thanks for looking.....Have a fabulous weekend!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Great colour combination.
    Thanks for playing and have a great weekend. :)

    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. super card! you did a fab job!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colour, great sentiment on your card. Thanks for taking the Corrosive Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete