Friday, March 6, 2009

It's a Great Day...

You know your day is going to be great when you can actually stamp a card in the morning!! To add to a great start...it is pizza day at school today so I didn't have to make lunches for the kids....and it is 15 degrees outside so they don't need all the winter gear!!


So I really did stamp a card this morning...My son's class has had a student teacher in for the last few months and today is his last day...I thought it would be nice to send in a thank you card (and a Tim's gift card)...he was really great with Jordan.


Of course Stamping Bella just happened to have the perfect stamp...and I just happen to own it (no surprise there!! GRIN).

I used Professafella stamped in Memories black and watercoloured with SU's Old olive, basic grey, and creamy caramel , CTMH Indian corn Blue and Ranger distress ink Antique Linen. The card base is vanilla with a layer of Old Olive to which I added a layer of Cloud 9 Design -Travel Plaid. I inked the edges of my "fella" with the indian corn blue and popped him up on a layer of Old Olive. I thought that baubles might be too "girly" so I used antique copper brads for embellishment. The image was looking a little plain so I added two small pieces of 5/8 grosgrain ribbon at the side. The final touch was a dab of crystal effects on the apple to make it shiny.


Not a bad start to my morning!!!

1 comment: