Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Not that I have a drop of Irish blood in me...I'm not even wearing green today. Buuuut...I did make a green card!!

I've commented often enough how the kids can never make the bus in the mornings...well go figure, it's March Break and they are getting up at the crack of dawn!! Not a bad thing though, I am getting lots accomplished. So far this morning I've cleaned the bathrooms, made breakfast for the munchkins, done 3 loads of laundry (I even folded it!!) and rescued my son's remote control airplane from a tree...twice! Oh yeah...I also made this card...

Agnes Ketto is watercoloured using SU's Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery and Soft Sky. I found the perfect green striped paper (Kaiser) to complement the colours I used.

I should mention I loooove stripes, and plaids, and dots...and, and, and...I just love paper!! I have sooooo much of it now though that I've decided I really do need to use some of it up. Just before my friend Karen moved away (sniff, sniff) she told me not to buy anymore until I had used 25 sheets... well, needless to say it didn't happen...but now I am going to try again..wish me LUCK!!!

Back to Agnes...I layered the striped paper on a piece of Wild Wasabi and tied a satin celery bow around the piece. I then adhered it to my background of certainly celery stamped with small flowers. I layered Agnes onto a piece of Soft Sky and glued 3 Bella Platinum glitter dots underneath her. I added a little bit of Bella's liquid water colour glitter to her wings to make them sparkle.

I'm submitting this card for Janet's challenge of the week...it just happens to be making a card that's GREEN.

Now it is time to feed the kiddies lunch...I think it will be McD's at the mall!!

4 comments:

  1. oh what a pretty card! i love it!! I have a paper and ribbon issue too...i have too much of it! ha ha :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miche this is SOOOOO stinking cute- I know these Ketto's are way to CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cute! Another Ketto!! These are sooo cute - it's a great card. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Miche!!! The Ketto's are so yummy...she's super cute in green!

    ReplyDelete